Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Natural Journey Continues

As I said before, I have begun dabbling in living a more natural life. Like many people I know, I have a nasty addiction to Clorox wipes. They are very convenient and leave my bathroom squeaky clean. They also, however, stink. They leave my bathroom smelling like harsh bleach for days. In an effort to live more organically, I am trying to kick my Clorox wipe habit. I have begun using wipes like those listed on "One Good Thing" by Jillee. While you could use old t-shirts like Jillee, I just went out and bought a pack of 18 white washcloths for $4 from Walmart. I left out the castile soap because I couldn't find any here in Grundy. However, later I found out from Lisa Bronner's blog that mixing castile soap and vinegar is a no-no (as is mixing vinegar and bleach, so don't go adding a little bit to your "Clorox" wipes thinking it will make it even better. It will just make toxic chlorine gas)! I've used them a couple times to clean the bathroom and so far they seem to be working pretty well!


My "Clorox" Wipes. I kept an old Clorox wipe container and pulled the flaps out so I could pull the washcloths through.

 I have since found out that using lemon juice limits the shelf life of these wipes to 3-4 weeks as it will go rancid. You could leave it out or use essential oils instead. Once my bottle of Clorox spray cleaner runs out, I'm going to make this bleach alternative from Frugally Sustainable, and I'll let you know how it goes! Until then, cheers!

~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment