Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Homemade Irish Nachos Recipe

In high school, I worked at an Irish pub in Topeka that made the BEST Irish nachos I've ever had. Unfortunately, the restaurant has since closed and I am without my Irish nacho supplier. Luckily, I've found a recipe that has filled the void left by these nachos. Cue Rachel Ray's Irish Nacho Recipe. We pretty much made it according to her instructions, but instead of waffle fries, be made our own potato chips by thinly slicing potatoes then frying them in canola oil. We decided that this wasn't really worth the effort, so next time I think we'll just go the store-bought kettle chips route. Then I just got corned beef thickly sliced from our grocery store, cut it into cubes, and warmed it in olive oil. I might get it cut thinly next time. I left out the cabbage and onions (as Ben is morally opposed to vegetables). We just layered chips, corned beef, and cheese sauce. I added jalapenos, tomatoes, and sour cream. Ben just used Mrs. Renfro's Raspberry Chipotle Salsa. I was so thrilled with how they turned out. They were absolutely delicious, and we will definitely be making them again!

Photo courtesy of Rachel Ray

Enjoy!

~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment