Thursday, May 3, 2012

Photocopier Art

I spent all morning getting the house ready so we can head to Arkansas, but somehow, I got done early and was just sitting around. I was about to go crazy waiting on Ben so I decided Izzy and I were going to do a project. It needed to be quick, in case Ben came home so we could just be done with it. It needed to be mess-free, because I've spent the last few days cleaning and can't bear to do any more. So I landed on a Pinterest find: Photocopier Art! I took Izzy into the office, stood her on the scanner glass, and hit copy. I was giddy with excitement when the first one came out. This is one of my favorite Pinterest finds yet.

*Note: Be gentle- the scanner plate is GLASS, so it could break. You may want to support your child's weight or have them sit down and set their feet on the scanner*


I messed around a bit to see what I liked, and honestly, I like them all. If you close the lid, you get a black background (aka- LOTS of ink). The lid open provides a white background. I think I like these a little more, especially since they use less ink. We only did black and white, but color would probably be neat too.


I will definitely be doing this more in the future. I think it would be cute to get Ben in on it too. You could also do this at Staples or a similar store. Black and white copies are usually 5 cents- can't beat that! We just printed on regular copy paper, but you could easily do it on photo paper and frame it for cheap wall art. I would recommend doing the originals on copy paper, then simply copying them onto the photo paper so you get your favorites on photo paper without wasting any. So happy with how they came out. To me, they are reminiscent of sonogram pictures.


1 comment:

  1. Splendid. Shows that the good old photocopier still has some life in it, despite all these talks of a 'paperless office'. To think of it in terms of wastage is myopic. Besides, paper still has a specific value, being tactile and available for perusal and reference, with or without an electronic device around. I mean, let's talk about practicality here.

    Dannie @ 1st-Office

    ReplyDelete