Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Home Projects Part 2: Our Bedroom

When I began decorating Ben's and my bedroom, I wanted a sort of masculine meets feminine, geometric meets organic feel. Here's what we ended up with:


For starters, we received our DKNY Chrysanthemum quilt as a wedding present. It's a floral print, but it's monotone, so it's very understated. Then we picked up some striped Target Home sheets. They were like these, but the colors are more greys and creams. Feminine floral quilt, masculine striped sheets. So far so good. Next came the wall decorations. I ordered some candle sconces from Bed, Bath, and Beyond ($13.00 for the pair!!!). They no longer carry them, but you can find candle sconces for very little just about anywhere. Next, I made the leafy wall decoration using... wait for it... toilet paper tubes! Just cut them into small circles, glue them, hold it together with clothespins until dry, them spray paint it! Awesome, free DIY.


The curtains ($10 each), lamp ($12), and flower pillow ($6) were all from Magic Mart. Lastly, I hung up some of Ben's pictures (after spray painting all of the frames black for a uniform look), and voila! My vision is achieved! Organic, but geometric. Girly, yet manly. Perfect for a master bedroom. 


Notice my favorite decoration made an appearance. I love falling asleep and waking up here : )

No comments:

Post a Comment