Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Going the Natural Route

After seeing various articles floating around talking about living naturally, I finally started looking into it. I have to say, I was pretty impressed! While I'm not ready to throw out the bleach and stop washing my hair, I am willing to give a couple ideas a try, starting with making my own laundry detergent! I used the recipe from Being Creative to Keep my Sanity. I highly, I repeat, HIGHLY recommend that you use a food processor to grate the soap or it takes for-ev-er! Also, don't try to stir that stuff with a spoon. Just dig your hands in there and mix it up. I used it for a couple of loads of laundry the other day, and so far I'm pretty impressed. I didn't take many pictures, but here are a couple of the end result:


The completed mixture. I didn't bother getting a lid for my 5-gallon bucket because you have to pay for it and if you line your bucket with a trash bag, you can just tie the bag up until you need to get out more!


I got a little jar from Walmart, and a coffee scoop because it's the perfect size for one load of laundry. So that's it. Super easy, and extremely cheap! So happy I decided to give this a try!

~Annie

1 comment:

  1. I made some laundry soap a few months ago and I LOVE it. Also, nice blog Annie! I'm glad you are trying things out so that I see if they work too!

    ReplyDelete