Tuesday, March 27, 2012

(DIY) Recycled Book Planter Tutorial

My antique shopping proved successful once again! This time I found some old books for $4 a piece that I decided would look just lovely repurposed as a planter for my succulents. It was a fairly simple project. I just outlined where I wanted my plants to go and used a utility knife to cut the pages out little by little. This proved to be a little tricky as my book was VERY old and the pages crumbled and tore, but it still worked out fine! Once I had the pages cut out down to the back cover, I used a piece of a plastic trash bag and hot glued it to the first page under the cover. Next, I put a layer of small pebbles in the bottom to allow for drainage, then the dirt and my plants. Voile! Books reborn as a planter! If you have succulents, they just need to be sprayed with water from a spray bottle once a week. Couldn't get much easier! I set my planter on top of another book, but they would look great standing alone, too!


Happy crafting!

~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment