Tuesday, September 11, 2012

(DIY) Hair Bow Wreath

Please ignore the crappy photo quality- I took these at night with my iPhone...

Izzy had 10 or so hair bows before she was even born. She now has right around 47,823, give or take a few. I had always planned on making some kind of holder for them, but she's 18 months old, and it still hadn't happened. Last night, I decided that enough was enough! No more excuses- Izzy's NEEDS a hair bow holder! The string for the blinds that they were previously residing on just didn't cut it.

I wandered around Pinterest for awhile until it finally hit me- a wreath! I would just get a wreath, wrap it loosely with fabric strips, then clip the bows onto said fabric. Storage and display all in one! Great idea, but that would have required me to wait until morning to go to the store. Not going to happen. I started looking through the house for some more inspiration, and I found it- a wire coat hanger! I pulled that sucker apart and bent it into a round-ish shape. I hammered a nail in the wall, hung it up, and started clipping bows on it.

Organized chaos : )

And wouldn't you know- it was adorable (and not to mention FREE)! Problem solved- hair bows have a cute new home, and Izzy's wall has some more decor. Perfect! I'm so glad that I finally decided to take care of this. The bows do pop off fairly easily, and it is pretty packed. I may get an actual wreath and carry out my original plan of action. I feel like the bows would stay on better if they were clipped to the fabric strips, and it would allow for more bows. However, for now- this definitely works. Now to tackle the other 5,000,000 projects on my list...

~Annie

  

No comments:

Post a Comment